David W. Regiani BS, DDS, MIAOMT, FIDIA
Board Certified Naturopathic Physician; Board Certified in Integrative Biologic Dental Medicine
Fellow Intl Dental Implant Association; Master Intl Academy of Oral Medicine and Toxicology
Biocompatible dentistry starts where traditional dentistry left off: with continual extensive training in how processes and dental materials affect the human body over the short and long term. I have a strong responsibility to safeguard my patients, my staff and the environment against potentially harmful materials and to improve the quality of life.
When I first began explaining how mercury and fluoride were actually poisons, I was considered an outsider. This was in 1981, and dentistry was lacking solid scientific evidence about how the materials we used affected the rest of the body. After all, a filling is really an implant, and it’s just inches from your brain.
In 1984, I joined 13 other dentists and research PhD’s from the US and Canada to form the International Academy of Oral Medicine and Toxicology. In the following five years, we helped fund the first solid scientific studies that are now the gold standard for the effects of mercury on brain cells and the physiological impact on other organs of the human body. Over the years, that research branched into the harmful effects of fluoride, nickel and many other substances once considered safe and serviceable. The work continues… And I am proud to have been a pioneer in the field as I continue to be a contributing member to the art and science of dentistry.
Formal Education and Significant Continuing Education
- 1972 – Bachelor of Science, University of Detroit, Detroit, MI
- 1978 – Doctor of Dental Surgery, University of Detroit School of Dentistry, Detroit, MI
- 1987 – National Center for Instruction in Homeopathy & Homoeotherapeutics, Washington DC
- 1995 – Las Vegas Institute for Advanced Dental Studies, Las Vegas, NV
- 1997 – Dawson Center, St Petersburg, FL (and numerous dates over many years)
- 2005 – Dental Oxygen / Ozone Therapy, American College of Integrative Medicine & Dentistry, Saddle Brook, New Jersey (also 2007)
- 2006 – Laser Periodontal Therapy, Institute for Advanced Laser Dentistry, Cerritos, CA
- 2013 – American Academy of Cranio-Facial Pain Mini-Residency, Fort Worth, TX
- 2015 – American College of Integrative Medicine & Dentistry, School of Integrative Biologic Medicine, Saddle Brook, New Jersey
- 2016 – Chao Seminars, Pinhole Academy, Alhambra, CA (also 2017)
- 2018 – Fellowship, International Dental Implant Association
* Regularly attends over 100 hours of continuing professional education annually, including lecture, participation and as speaker (materials used in dentistry, oral galvanism, and nutrition for the dental office).
Current Active Professional Memberships include
- Academy of General Dentistry, Member # 132619, since 1984
- International Academy of Oral Medicine and Toxicology since 1984 - Founding & Current Member; Past-President; Accredited; Fellowship (1990); Mastership (2006); Chair, Dental Materials Committee
- American Academy of Biological Dentistry (now called the International Academy of Biological Dentistry) since 1984 – Founding & Current Member
- American Equilibration Society
- American Academy of Cranio-Facial Pain
- American Academy of Dental Sleep Medicine
- Price Pottenger Nutritional Foundation
- National Center for Homeopathy
- Christian Dental Society
- International Dental Implant Association